MEU 3 Process Simplified
For (State) Retired 5 Year Home Owners
If you are a retired citizen owning your own home for 5 years the process is quite simple and requires only 2 visits to the local city.
- Make an appointment and phone calls (Bank)
- Visit 1 – Bank & Electricity Board & Photographer (& if required – Land Registry)
- Visit 2 – Registration Office
- Open a file, paste checkliston front.
- Call local Registration Office and get advice (if unusual) / make booking.
- Work through checklist putting each document in the file in the order and checking it off.
- Make a note of documents you don’t have and make a plan to get them, add each to the file and tick it off as you get them.
- All documents should be originals Plus a photocopy of each document.
- Registration Application Form from http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf/All/D1D71A1CD6E43223C2257D2C00459524?OpenDocument
- Passport – Valid with at least 6 months to run – If out of date or too short arrange new passport see https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports.
- PhotosTake or arrange 2 photographs of required dimensions ( standard Cyprus Colour Passport) – It is easiest to use a professional photographer – They are relatively cheap (order of 10€) but if disabled, check whether he does not requires climbing stairs! – If unable to travel, you can also use a mobile Phone Passport Photo App or https://www.idphoto4you.com/ but the must be right size and form.
- Proof of accommodation – Get original of the title deeds – or original sales / purchase contract,
- Banking – Call bank – Ask for (or print) end of year statements last 5 years & last 2 bank statements and ideally ( but not essential) ask for Bank Reference letter (Ideally “of good standing” ) arrange to collect.6
- Services bills Visit Electricity Board and get certificate of last 5 years bills.
- Note for above: If Joint accounts you may need marriage licence, death certificates, probate ( if necessary)7Subsistence – Pension / P60 P60,
- Proof of comprehensive health insurance in the Republic. Your S1 Form.- You should have one from UK health Authority https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/healthcare-when-travelling-abroad/.
- Assemble documentation with photocopies and check – ideally independent check.
- Go to CRMD with €20 (cash) and submit and arrange delivery by post or collection
- Later check receipt of MEU3